DIY Alcohol Stoves - Variations on the same theme.
What exactly are we talking about here? These are lightweight, Do It Yourself (DIY), Denatured Alcohol Fueled, Boil up some water, No moving Parts to wear out, Camping Stoves. You can also use them to boil water during times of emergencies such as power outages, hurricanes, snow storms, etc.
My favorite comprehensive reference website for Alcohol Stoves is Zen Backpacking Stoves.
Mouseover The Below Image to See Additional Detailed InformationThese are all variations on the same theme for DIY Alcohol Stoves.
- An alcohol stove made from a York Mints Candy Tin. The Pot Stand folds up and is made from Copper Ground Wire and Copper Tubing. The Primer pan is made from cutting down a Frito's Bean Dip Can.
- This is the "30mm-Alchol Stove" constructed from the bottoms of two Soda Cans. The Pot Stand is made from Copper Ground Wire and Copper Tubing and folds up flat. The Primer pan is made from a Frito's Bean Dip Can. The Nickel on the top of the stove is a low tech pressure release valve .
- The "White Box Clone" Alcohol Stove's design has been copied from the internet with my own minor modifications. This Stove has been constructed from a single Aluminum Beer Bottle. The Stove acts as it's own pot stand but still needs a primer pan to get the burner going. This type of stove is known as a side jet stove.
- This stove is constructed from the bottoms of two Arizona Tea Cans. The primer pan has three Machine screws with the Nuts Epoxied with high-temp epoxy putty to the base of the pan. This Tripod pot stand provides a very stable platform from which to cook.
- This side-burner stove is made out of the small V-8 juice cans. I've upgraded this style of stove by adding 3 3mm aluminum rivets with aluminum washers. This holds the two parts so they add reinforcement and stability to the stove.
- This stove is named "Bandit's Stove" for the dog. This stove is made from a Small can of processed meat, which is why the dog really likes this stove, he gets the contents for dinner! Technically this is a low pressure side burner stove. The advantage to this stove is that the stove and the pot stand are one. You still need a primer pan.
- 30mm Soda Can Stove with Machine Screw Primer Pan
- 30mm Tab Soda Can, High Pressure Alcohol Stove
- 30mm Arizona Soda Can, High Pressure Alcohol Stove with Copper Grounding Wire Pot Stand
- 30mm Small Soda Can, Jets Pointing Inboard, High Pressure Alcohol Stove with Copper Grounding Wire Pot Stand
These are all different styles of Alcohol Stoves I have built. As you can see there are many variations on the same theme. Mouse over the Image to see an enhanced photo and description of each of these Stoves.